Tablet Based Virtual Reality System
- Written by Leonardo Molina
For downloads and instructions on how to put together a simplified version of this tablet based virtual reality system, visit the git repository.
Multiple input interfaces are supported:
- Touchscreen tablet, to detect footfalls;
- Computer mouse or rotation encoders, to detect motion on an air-suspended ball or a treadmill;
- Standard inputs such as a keyboard or a joystick.
- Compact, easy to implement, customizable, and readily available Virtual Reality System for behavioral data collection.
- Customizable settings allowing flexible experimental design.
- Multiple input interfaces supported: touchscreen tablet, to detect footfalls; computer mouse or rotation encoders, to detect motion on an air-suspended ball or a treadmill respectively; or standard inputs such as a keyboard.
- Immersive views with multiple tablets or computers.
- Synchronization with data acquisition systems using an Arduino.
- Data streaming for real-time interaction or complex behaviors.
- Data logging and playback.